Sharpshooter,
I have been in both places, I just don't care to discuss shooting people on the internet or anywhere else..My business is hunting and I have an opinnion there, and probably considerably more experience than most.

The fact that some of us disagree with you is supposed to be along the lines of intelligent conversation, not a flaming thread..

If you are content with scope, or whatever, I certainly have no problem with that and I recommend it for you, I on the other hand prefer the irons and I have used both extensively for years, but in the thick stuff and to be quick I want the flat plain of a quarter rib and I point shoot at up to 25 yards..

I can probably perform as well as anyone you know, and if we ever get together I will put up the money and we'll shoot, and young man if you hurry I will take all your money home with me..:) smile If you wait too long I'll be too old to lift the gun. I might add that I used to shoot at the San Antonio range when I was with DEA with a fellow marine you might know, Carlos Hathcock, He would have advised you not to shoot against me. smile

BTW, I ment no slur by suggesting they would hit the speed switch, it's just what I would do up close and personal..I never thought much of a one shot kill, its apt to get you killed IMO. I have yet to see any government do anything right or anything that could not be improved on. I have know a lot of soldiers, policemen, PHs, guides, and hunters that could not shoot. Being iin the military is not a license to be a good shot. That is something one works at, practices continuelly and earns.

I hope your not as mad as you sound, it was an interesting conversation for awhile there.