Atkinson, did you say I haven't shot a deer? Did you mean just this week? I've been tagging out in Texas since 1976. For those of you counting that is many truck loads of deer. I've killed elk, well over two hundred feral hogs, probably 100 wild turkeys, misc. feral goats/sheep and 18 african game animals other than the elephant. I didn't realize you thought I was new to the hunting scene. I've also killed several dozen deer and twenty or so javalines with a longbow I made myself and am a lifetime member of the Professional Bowhunters society. And of all things in high school my cousin and I thought we were going to get rich selling live rattlesnakes. I caught many hundreds of them in those early years.

I certainly would never claim to be the worlds foremost authority on anything, but I am not new to hunting.

And Ray, if you think I have made a fool out of myself on this thread, send me a polite PM and I'll explain foolishness to you. Out of respect for you, I'll not do it here. Also I want you to settle up with me for you Seymour bunch screwing me. It is a tiny thing I want and I promise you will not be embarrassed or humiliated. But it does need to be taken care of privately.

I appreciate the well wishes on the mule deer hunt. If we see a good one I'll do my best to put a hole in it. You never did tell me if you thught I should take the 300 or the new little 7 mauser. Also, I have made a deal with Wayne for him to put my young nephew on a couple of javelines. He's nine and it will be the best thing that has ever happened to him.

If you want to put a polite end to this, just let me know.

Yours,
josh

No words of mine can hope to convey to you the ringing joy and hope embodied in that spontaneous yell: �The Americans are coming; at last they are coming!�

I hadn�t the heart to disillusion them.

John "Pondoro" Taylor
Africa 1955