Originally Posted by Lee24
jorge, you ask me what the sights on a Model 70 Safari are like, then say you own one that has iron sights.

Instead of playing word games, why don't you talk straight about the use of iron sights on DGR rifles?
If you don't use them, why do you have them on your rifle?

All these word games are like something from elementary school, by kids who couldn't discuss the subject, wanted to debate, but couldn't do that, either. Just talk about what you know, like a man.

For those who don't comprehend, I will spell it out:

In my opinion, if you can't hit a 6 inch spot 100% of the time offhand at 150 yards with iron sights, you need more practice before putting yourself in a position where you may HAVE to shoot. If you can do it, then a closer shot is that much easier.

If you haven't practiced on running game targets and running game, running away from you, at you, and to your left and right, then you really have no business putting yourself in a position where you may HAVE to shoot at running game.

My 2 cents. If you disagree, fine.
But state it plainly and politely, without the bluster and insults.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by Lee24
Open sights are the primary sight on most of my serious hunting rifles. Scopes are something to take along in QD mounts. In good light, open sights are all any good shot needs to 200 yards. In snow, rain, mist and fog, they are indispensable and a scope is rather useless.

hahahahahahaha! are you serious Liar24? DO you have irons on your SC made Model70? Can you share with us your DG hunting experience? Please post your douche-bag bogus comments elsewhere. jorge

Lee you are such a moron. Don't you realize that ANYTHING you say has ZERO credibility with me or anybody else for that matter? My initial post just made fun of your ownership of that ficticious Model 70 you have in that empty chamber of a brain pan s so it really had nothing to do with iron sights, just with your lying. But DO post a picture of that rifle Ace and maybe we'll stop the public embarrassment sessions. Naaaaaah. Oh and I love quoting myself smile jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”