First, I am no longer serving in the military, I left after a deployment to Iraq in 05-06. With almost 5 years in Iraq, I'm now employed in Afghanistan.

In one type of military service or another I've carried the M-1911, Beretta M-9, Glock-19 and the SW Sigma 9MM. I believe I am qualified as any to state an opinion with some real world experience to back up my words. All of these guns work and work well with the one exception being the SW Sigma. All it's good for is teaching malfunction drills.

Glocks are not my preferred weapon system, and neither is a 1911, but when I read how poor a pistol the Glock supposedly is , it's tough for me to be quiet. I've seen the Glock take a lot of abuse by some poorly trained troops, and still work. I've shot thousands of rounds thru a glock without cleaning, and it still worked.I like the 1911 and I have a pair including one built by Jack Maples at the AMU, and a worked over series 70 colt.They are both fine pistols, but I don't think they are the "greatest" design of all time, and I doubt that they would stand the abuse that a Glock can.

I try to limit my comments on what I have observed, or the experience that I have. If it doesn't jibe with what most of the 1911 "experts" tell me, well what can I say.

My guess is when you made a response to my earlier post you took it upon yourself to take a jab at my experience, so I responded in kind.

When people face the possibility of freezing or starving there is little chance they are going to listen to unfounded claims of climate doomsday from a bunch of ultra-rich yacht sailing private jet-setting carbon-spewing hypocrite elites