OK. I'm confused. Lee24 says a 25 yard zero is good for a 200 yard sight in or there abouts and others say it is closer to a 400 yard zero. Then I had my old 30-06 shooting 8" high at 100 yards after a 25 yard zero. Since the books generally say a 180g bullet fired from a 30-06 at 2700 fps will be about 8" low at 300 yards with a 2" high zero at 100 yards, what would 8" high at 100 yards garner me. Personally I'm thinking I would miss everything I would attempt to shoot at.

Now it may have already been said, but I feel it would be better to sight in at 100 or whatever farther distance than check it at 25 or 50 to determine where the bullet will hit at thoses ranges. This is in case you get to a place that doesn't have a 100 yards or longer range and you have to recheck your sight in. To be honest I have never had to do this, but it would seem like the thing to do. I am sure, however, that someone has a better idea.

The only thing I use 25 yards for (speaking of biggame hunting rifles) is to get on paper before going to 100 and farther.