Interesting rule that Alaska has for fly-in day.

Does this apply to all terrain such as heavily forested areas or typically open mountainous terrain (where flying in gives hunters the advantage of spotting animals on the way in)?

I'm not sure if heli-hunting can be argued as a form of population control (infact, in most cases it splits groups up and spreads them all over the place because their prime focus is a mature male). Heli-hunting targets trophy specimens and heli-hunters are therefor willing to pass up females in the process, educating them on ways to avoid aerial assaults..

Pest control generally targets females specimens to cost effectively control populations. IMO heli-hunting could almost have the opposite effect if they're constantly buzzing through groups of females to get to the male trophies...

But I do see your point, aerial culling can be an effective population control tool, however the scope of this activity serves quite a different purpose

Hunting is not just a hobby, its a lifestyle!

For those of you interested in checking out some hunting photos, check out my personal hunting website:
www.mountainman.co.nz

MM