Originally Posted by NZmountainman
...to drop off a hunter at a particular position and use the helicopter to muster animals towards the hunter and tire the animal out?

Aside from whether it's legal or not, I'm also interested to learn whether you find this activity ethical or not.

Unfortunately......which will allow for this sort of aerial assault to take place on public land....

I'm not sure if heli-hunting can be argued as a form of population control (infact, in most cases it splits groups up and spreads them all over the place because their prime focus is a mature male).

Heli-hunting targets trophy specimens and heli-hunters are therefor willing to pass up females in the process, educating them on ways to avoid aerial assaults..

Pest control generally targets females specimens.....constantly buzzing through groups of females to get to the male trophies...

...this unfortunately illustrates NZ's utter lack of game management principles; total disregard for other public land users; and complete disrespect of wild (albeit non-native) animals in New Zealand.

Call me a skeptic, but this type of talk, along with "disturbing" YouTube clips seems to be fishing for an anti-hunting viewpoint, hoping to get hunters to "agree" and "confirm" the unethicalness of "aerial assaults", "tiring animals out", "targeting trophy males", etc.