Originally Posted by magnumb
As I said earlier, he has only guided for a short time there and he doesn't push me to do anything I don't want to. He likes to spend time with me and vice versa. He also guides in Idaho and Mt., but as we all know, the economy makes us look a bit harder and further for work these days. He is no exception.

Since it is legal in NZ at this time and it is part and parcel of the job, he's doing what he can to provide for him and his, of which there are several.

I have to look harder and further for work these days too. Wouldn't excuse me doing certain things. And doesn't excuse what he is doing.

If you reread the original post it says that a NZ gov agencie is trying to legalize this practice. There is a huge difference between legal and "trying to legalize". For his families sake I hope he doesn't find out the difference the hard way.
If they are "trying to legalize" that tells me that even if it is "part and parcel" of the job it is still illegal at this time. If someone wanted me to do something that could land me in a jail cell the first answer is NO the second is "what part of the first answer are you too stupid to understand?" And yes there have been several instances where I was offered employment if I was willing to do something that would land me in jail if/when caught. Most recently by an old "friend" who was having problems with his exwife. I can sympothis with his reasons for wanting the company books done that way but it is a ticket to a jail cell if he or the bookkeeper got caught.