Again, not trying to change anyone's mind, but it seems obvious that it is legal (in the sense that it's not illegal) in NZ 'cuz there's just too many outfitters/hunters (so to speak), participating in such activities and so many videos advertising such.

Can't imagine that they'd be flaunting illegal activities so openly.........I surely don't have the answer. But if it is legal, then it changes only the fact that my friend or anyone else so involved is not acting illegally.........I still do not condone nor choose to participate in such practices.

I'm happy that you don't involve yourself in illegal practices as was offered you. I don't expect that many of us would, hopefully. But it seems that your only stated reasoning for not doing so was to avoid the possibility of jail time. I'm thinkin', like what I believe the intent of this thread was, that such decisions, whether guiding a heli hunt or cookin' someone's books for them, should be primarily based on more moral and ethical reasonings rather than the fact that we might be otherwise.....caught.

I surely don't reside in a glass house........I'm pretty sure that none of us do.

Last edited by magnumb; 01/17/10.