Originally Posted by Eremicus
And how much game have you killed with, say, Elmer Keith's old #429421 bullet ?
Alot of people seem to think that only how wide the nose of the bullet is makes the differences as to how well it kills. I've got news for you guys. That sharp shoulder on the SWC design kills just as well as the full wadcutter designs. BTDT.
The guy I listen to on all of this is JJHack. He and his clients have killed 100's of black bears with all sorts of handgun rounds and loads. He has found that the jacket soft point/hollow point bullets kill black bears alot faster than any cast lead load.
BTW, he seems to feel that if you are up against a grizzly, you'd better hit him in the brain with any handgun load. Anywhere else and you'd better hope he decides not to go after you. That's because they can easily be alot harder to kill. E

Elmer believed incorrectloy that the wad cutter shoulder cut a full caliber hole, that is not correct., Yes it will in paper, but flesh cavitates around the meplat. This has been proven beyound dought

Keep on beliving JJ about cast bullets not working. The 45 ACP's that is refers to were most likely round nose. I have asked him about the meplat of those bullets on more than one ocasion and have yet to get a reply.

Yes I have used the small meplat "Kieth" style SWC and they are not close to the equal of the wider meplat LBT style hard cast bullets.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first