Well in the last couple of days I've shown a very small portion of game taken with Keith style slugs in Idaho, Wyoming, Texas, Montana, Utah, Alaska & Africa, and this includes deer, elk, bear, moose, antelope, mountain lions, feral hogs, Javelina, Warthogs, etc. I guess the game is just a lot tougher in some states because those Keith slugs have never failed me, ever.
I do believe that many times people have bad experiences when shooting from elevated tree stands, this is just a guess but I think they shoot over the front lung, this is a bad hit whether with a handgun or a rifle. Again this is just a guess as I don't hunt from tree stands over bait, bait is illegal here in the west.
It does puzzle me that a Keith slug through the lungs isn't as good as an LBT through the lungs. Lots of blood doesn't mean a lung shot or even a fatal shot, at least not immediately. I'll keep on plugging them with my Keiths (model A's) & LBT's & I'll take the blame if its a bad shot.

Doe muley, taken at about 50 yds with a Ruger flattop 44 maggie & the 250 Keith, shot was lengthways & exited, dropped at the shot.

[Linked Image]

Bull elk, taken in the 70's when I was a young rooster, gun was the 44 magnum in the shoulder rig, bullet was the 250 Keith, broadside shot at 35 yds, bullet exited & the bull ran down hill about 30-40 yds, down & out in 5 seconds.

[Linked Image]

Dick

Last edited by Idaho1945; 03/17/10.