I love the irony of this site. Rick's got to be a Bush fan. A uniter and not a divider. We'll see how long the honeymoon lasts.<P>Around here when you put horses and ATV's together you can end up in a bigger fight than the old sheep against cows wars.<P>Most serious elk hunters around here either own or have easy access to horses and swear by them. I've kind of backed off elk the past several years and mostly chase deer and antelope now. <P>We've got a Kawasaki Prairie 400 which we bought new in '98 or '99. I selected it as it was rated the "four wheeler of the year" at that time by some industry rag or another.<P>It's been a great machine for us and has recovered a whole bunch of critters. On one hunt it hauled three antelope and myself across the sagebrush and on another, two very large whitetails and two "not skinny" brothers up and out of a canyon.<P>We usually just trailer it to a convenient location and then drop it and the trailer unless we need it for recovery.<P>Access to forest roads and trails has been very good here, but, pressure keeps on coming from people in the real world, like New York City and Washington DC, who know what's best for us, to limit access. <P>Most really good areas around here are private land and ranchers accept their use as long as reasonable care is taken in their use.<P>We keep talking about getting another one so we'll each have our own for spring turkey season but, so far, we haven't used or needed the one we have for that. <P>Ours actually sees more use pushing a snow plow around the neighborhood than anything else.

[Linked Image]