I own a Honda 350ES 4x4 which is a very nice machine. I use it for work and hunting and looking around on my ranch. It is not as fast or as good in the mud as some of the 2 strokes, but, and this is a big but, it is much more reliable, long lived, and costs less to fix if it should break. With my fat butt on it it will run 50 mph on pavement. Plenty enough for me. I am not knocking someone else's choice of ride, but you need to consider how much you use it, how hard the conditions are, and how much time and money you want to invest in maintenance or repairs. I would like the new Honda 500 Rubicon, but honestly do not see the need for it in my operation. As for load carrying ability, if you ride with some common sense, they will carry more than you want to load on them. Good Shooting.

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq