Originally Posted by jimmyp
I gut my deer where they fall, losing a knife for a bit of time is not uncommon in the fading light and the blood and inards. That orange handled knife is calling my name....

Mine too. I love my folding Gator, but finally someone is making a findable knife! (I painted my Gator handles safety orange last year) Actually, I think a nice neon-canary yellow would be better. My Gator hid in the blood a couple times, and with red frost-kissed blueberry leaves all around, it didn't work out as well as I'd hoped. Maybe a neon-purple would stand out even better. Anything other than "natural" colors. Pepto pink? White would work well in no-snow conditions.

Ditto for binoculars, (I glued neon pink reflector strip tabs on mine so they catch the eye), and a few other items the manufacturers insist on making only in black or camo. This is probably a capitalist plot - the more camo and black stuff the ds would-be hunters buy (it sells!) - and lose- the more they can sell....

There is NO reason to have your binocs, spotting scopes, knife handles, canteens, etc. in a black, much less camo pattern.

Last edited by las; 10/16/10.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.