Here's how I look at schitt.

1) How much am I gonna HONESTLY shoot it and at what?
2) What will it do,that I can't already?
3) What bullet is gonna do me the most favors?
4) How far am I gonna stretch her out?

Then I sorta roll that around and choose the case capacity/COAL/mag constraints/twist rate which are gonna toss me the most cookies. It's often difficult to not go nuts and paint yourself onto a corner with a Niche Rifle...when with a little more clear thought,you coulda had a Utility Rifle. Niche'rs don't see near the use,that Utilitarian tools do.

The boolit is far more important than the chambering,but some chamberings bolster inherent virtues that others can't/won't/don't. COAL being the first of those things.

Because I largely have a few of everything,7mm's horn me up most,in the Utility Bloodspill Department. Great things are easily arranged and with modest recoil,modest propellant appetites and modest loot...none of which pizz me off.

Heavy stuff don't get shot as much as midweight or light stuff,because they are simply more nichely by design. It is a common misconception to ascribe weight as extrapolating to accuracy,which really isn't the case. Good triggers are a great mass equalizer.

So kinda touching upon all these things,a vanilla 280 is an absolute MONSTER,especially in a 700(as they are an H&H length receiver). Shooting is something I enjoy,so the 280AI appeals more to me personally,but in actuality,you aren't gonna do something with one,that you'll not the other.

The Faux Ti or Halibut Theme,are the moneymakers and define utility. Great handling,balance and portability are easily arranged,while toting incredible capability at the same time. The upside being,there ain't no downside.

I'd be leaning Classic,nudged inlet,Decelerator,midweight fill,flushcups,ADL and gelcoat. Tube would be a short shanked #2 at 22",1-9" and 3-grooved. LW's wearing a 3.5-10x M1 LR with a CH of clearance and Re-22 fueled 162A-Max it's express diet.

Though there's lotsa ways to skin that cat...and I've generally got a 1st Gen Ti 7-08 in my mitts..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."