Woof-not sure how long of tubes the LR guys are running but I spect the're 26-27 or so. My experience with the 6.5/06 has been mainly with 23-24" barrels and almost without exception 2850 was a good sane speed for pressures and gave good accuracy as well.

One of my buds did build one with 26" and he could get it to 3K but could never get accuracy with it so he dropped back to the 29ish range and then it perked again.

I used a load of R19 and a 129 Horn, it shot well and ran at 3100. Killed well did everything pretty much like my old .270, go figure eh...grin

Side note, I've seen more popped primers over the years out of the 6.5/06 than all other rounds put together. I think the long bearing surface and the fact that some people just gotta try to get a bullet to a certain speed has a lot to do with this.

Just my comments, but I feel the 6.5's are great for the 500-1K game. But, sub 500 and the 280,270, and or 06 will do the same thing.

Just the way I've seen it.

Chao Po Ahora

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy