This last summer I was at the range with another member who had a .260. We talked about reloading and he was very familiar with his caliber and various powders. After a great time talking he surmized that there was about a 2 grain additional amout of powder in the 6.5x55 accounting fo around a Max. of 75 fps if bothe loaded to Max. he used his .260 for deer and liked 120-130grn. bullets for them. Was a really nice lightweight Model 7 Remington that was a shooter. Good day at the range. There has been a lot of talk about 6.5x55 and long action. I have experienced that the longer action allows a longer COL coupled with a standard long action magazine. I also have a Tikka T3 30-06 and I can use the magazines from each for each, nice back up. The mono metal bullets will be long for size and the long action is nice. I have never had a short action bolt so it is normal for me. My Tikka T3's shoot Nosler Partition pretty good but not near as good as Barnes TSX and Accubond. Just my guns. I used to use a lot of Partinos in other rifles I have and they were always a very good on game bullet, maybe one of the best.
Buckfever1