I posted:

"What advantage does 250 fps add, in terms of a flatter trajectory?"

Then you posted:

"For me, it's more than just trajectory.

For the long range shooter, it's bullet impact and opening up the bullet proper.

Most bullet makers will tell you what minimum impact is needed for the bullets to open up and work as advertised."

Then I posted:

"OK, if the additonal speed isn't about flatter trajectory, would you pick a bullet, any bullet, and tell me what difference 250 fps of MV actually makes regarding that bullet's impact and opening? I shoot a lot of Noslers and have yet to see a Partition of any caliber/weight that failed to open and penetrate. Of course, I'm not shooting game at particularly long ranges. 400+/- yards would be a very long shot for me to take unless the intended target had an exceptional set of antlers."

Then you posted:

"Well, first of all, I never said it's not about flatter trajectory. It's that and more.

Your question begs asking to those who shoot a 264 Win mag 7mm Rem or 300 Win mag. (308 vs 300 on big game at 300 yards) We've hashed this out time and again and I'm not going there.

Under two conditions I see it making a significant difference.

Those who shoot Barnes bullets and those who shoot past 500 yards."

I guess that I misunderstood what you posted. I don't think that I've ever shot anything but pdogs and 'chucks at ranges over 500 yards and I know that I've never fired a Barnes bullet at a varmint, so I guess that the 250 fps difference wouldn't be something I need to concern myself with. My 6.5mm bore rifle inventory is currently limited to medium case capacity rounds like the 260, 6.5x55, 6.5-284, and 256 Newton. No 6.5-06, 6.5-06AI, 6.5 SAUM, 6.5 WSM, or 264 Win Mag in stock at this time.

JEff