an old friend of mine now deceased taught me this a few years back about him using heavy bullets at modest velocities make the cleanest kills so I took his theory to the woods and walked out with the same conclusion and being as the old battle rifles swede were twisted 7.87:1 and they just do such a beautiful job of putting bullets rite exactly where you send them to go with the 156-160 gr. RN bullets and in my own experience with this combination I think the 6.5x55 is an excellent rifle no matter what you choose to shoot whether its big game to targets with mild recoil deadly accuracy and the ability to put big animals on the ground in short order I just dont think it gets much better,Im sure the 260 Rem. is a fine rifle but Im so enfatuated with the swede I just have not gone there yet.......

broken bones broken heart stripped down an torn apart a lil rust but Im still runnin countin miles countin tears twisted roads and shiftin gears year after year its all or nothin Im not home and Im not lost just holdin on 2 what I got...God and Guns