If I am where there is a slim chance of calling a coyote. I run a 17Javelina with a 20gr Berger or Nagle. I run the same with a 25gr Berger or Nagle match if I am in coyote territory focusen on foxes. I also shoot a tac20 with 35Berger If the odds of a coyote are higher than a fox. I have put a lot of the 40gr Nosler B-tip from my Tac20 into groundhogs. They seem to be well behaved compared to the v-max and Blitz.

I have red ragged foxes with a 22mag and all but cut them in half with a 221 Fireball. I have had 20V-max splash from a 17Ackley Hornet and open a 6inch hole.

GW is spot on. Shooten at a 10-12pound animal that is more fur than meat, at night, comeing to a call, steady moven, turning one into a red rag is gonna happen. Most of my blows up where from poor shot placement, either by just [bleep] up or not judgeing the angle correct more than bullet failure.

If I was building a gun for reds 17Ackley Hornet and a 20gr Match style bullet. Buying on over the counter 17Fireball either a 20 or 25gr match bullet. 20s spooled up and the 25s throttled down a bit.