Originally Posted by blanket
my only concern with the HMR is the limited range in the open area I hunt in. Would hate to pass on a 200 yd shot which would be beyond the rimfires range. The 17 hornet is a good one as well as the MK4/Fireball. As far as pelt damage is concerned no one can convince me that any centerfire 17 does less damage than the other. Let's face it folks a fox is about a thin skinned furbearer there is and if you want to argue the damage you either have not shot and skinned many fox or you are simply full of sh%t Russ

All that said, IMO, a 12ga w/Federal Premium copper plated BB's, a 22mag, and a .17 Fireball with 20gr V-max cover all conversation as far as foxes, fur, and range are concerned! If forced to hunt one gun, it would be the Fireball/20gr V-max combo for me!!

X-VERMINATOR

Last edited by xverminator; 02/22/11.

Sooner or later our heritage of hunting is going to be a rich mans sport and the words "Outfitter" and "Hunt Industry" will be synonymous with cancer and A.I.D.S. among blue collar hunters like me and my family! (A.L. Williams - 2010)