"an example would be very informative. For example pick a cartridge like the 7mm Rem Mag and provide pressures for what a reloading manual would call a "starting load" and show velocity and pressure for each increment to what they would call "max"...that way the increase in pressure for increase in velocity could be seen. I assume you would have to do this with a "model" of some type as I don't believe I've ever seen anything quite like this in print. "
<br>
<br>"Models" and samples abound in the handloading manuals. All you have to do (you can do it yourself) is to study the loads for, say, the .300 Savage and the .30-06, or the .30-06 and the .300 Winchester Magnum, or the .250 Savage and the .25-06, or the .280 Remington and the 7mm Remington Magnum, even the .22 Hornet or the .223 Remington and the .220 Swift.
<br>
<br>But you'll have to shed the typical handloader's practice of tunnel-gazing at only the maximum loads listed for each cartridge. Notice instead how often the hottest loads for the smaller cartridge use less powder than the suggested starter loads in the larger cartridge. Also compare velocities, and you'll often find exactly what I've been trying to describe and explain -- that a moderately larger charge in a significantly larger case can propel the same bullet to a higher velocity at a lower pressure.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.