With respect to Big Stick's post and your response concerning throat erosion....as I carefully read it you said (paraphrasing) that if you had a .223 and a .220 Swift both loaded to 65,000psi the throat erosion would be the same...if this is the case, what is all the hype about a cartridge being "over-bore" which I take to mean uses more powder than can be effectively used and it is this that causes throat erosion.
<br>
<br>Another similar question to help me clarify the concept.
<br>Assume I have a load that operates at 65,000psi and all I do is seat the bullet out a little further (assuming I can safely do that and not cause additional pressure that way)...as I undertand it I have basically made the interior of the case "bigger" and pressures should drop or conversely I could add more powder to get the pressure back up to 65,000psi and get more velocity.
<br>
<br>Before you take me to the wood shed again for trying to play at the "max velocity" level, let me assure you I much prefer a lower operating level with respect to pressure as a margin of safety.....I firmly believe if you want "more" to go to a bigger case.