There�s no doubt about it, when you set one of those off, you know something significant in this world has happened. It�s up to the individual, but the recoil can vary from annoyance to downright painful depending on the gun you use and how used to heavy recoiling guns you are. While I think the Freedom Arms revolver is a beautiful revolver, I�ve never liked the shape of its grip. In an effort to keep you from whacking your knuckle on the back of the trigger guard, they move the grip frame back a little too far for my tastes. So while the DA revolvers just don�t seem nearly as nice as the Freedom Arms, I�ve always found the Taurus and Ruger easier to shoot, and the Taurus is just as accurate as the Freedom Arms (at least the one�s I�ve shot).

Of the big boys, I really like the .480 Ruger or the .475 Linebaugh because they give you all the power you�ll ever need, and a really big bullet. With lighter loaded .480 Rugers either in a .480 or .475 it can be a deer harvesting machine, yet with heavier loads and proper bullets you can stare down the ugly side of a griz (just ask JWP475).