$#@* Trout %$#! I've taken the hour drive to the Wood River twice now. I haven't caught one yet! My friend has been 4 or 5 times and has killed them twice. He told me that gray dunns come of around 11:00 and the whole place goes wild. I sat there yesterday and not one fly. I wet fished everything in my box, and not one fish! I threw some of the flys from the last swap. Nada. I'm still waiting to find the magic fly for tough days when they're not biting. I keep wondering if I'm going to get the magic fly in one of these swaps. This river has little brown, red, gray, green and yellow mayflys. It also has great big gray ones. There are the little diving caddis and little (like size 18) black stoneflys. Most of the time, the fish are either visibly feeding or there's nothing going on. I might get a couple on leaches or buggers. Hare's ears too. I don't know how to really get at them when they're not rising.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson