Over 50 years ago my father (a talented mechanic), made one out of round conduit and an old bicycle front fork and tire. We carted many deer out with it -- sometimes two or more at the same time. It has handles on the front and rear. In sagebrush type of vegetation it works pretty well. It is impossible for one person to run it when it is loaded. My best friend in high school was not very large in size but was exceptionally strong; we always put him on the downhill side! smile. I still have the cart hanging in my garage mainly for nostalgia, but it is still functional. We had four relatively small deer on it once but we had 4 or 5 of guys running the cart at the same time and it was in open mainly rocky, shrub covered terrain. We used it for many years before I ever heard of a commercial product. Dad was not a big man and packing out a good 4 point mule deer buck in the late 1950s motivated him to make the cart.

"It is wise, though, to remember above all else: rifle, caliber, scope, and even bullets notwithstanding, the most important feature of successful big game hunting is to put that bullet in the correct place, the first time!" John Jobson