My buddy shot this elk last season and he called me and another buddy to come help him get it out.
[Linked Image]
We drove the pickup as close to the elk as we could and then brought his game cart up to it. You can see the white pickup in the background right by the left 4th point. It doesnt look real steep right where the elk is but just off to the right of the picture it go pretty steep. We cut the elk in half and it took us at least half an hour just to get the back half on the game cart and tied down. We just drug the front half. We would drag one half down a ways then go get the other half and bring it down to where we left the other one. It was 100 times easier dragging the front half down that it was trying to control the game cart, get it rolling again after it would get stopped by a rock or clump of grass, etc.

But a family friend was out deer hunting around the same area me and my girlfriend were one morning. She shot her buck and he happened to see us. He brought his game cart out to us and it was a life saver. It would have sucked to drag that 250lb+ buck 1/2-3/4 of a mile across that stubble field by myself. Game carts can be a life saver if you can use them for deer and antelope but aren't a whole lot of help in most elk country. I would say use them if you can/want.

Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.