Originally Posted by BikerRN
Wife is wanting to get some form of watercraft and our financial situation being what it is we settled for a canoe. We will be camping at local lakes and I'll do some fishing by myself while she does whatever it is she does. She wants to paddle around on the water a little and just have some fun. We will also do some class 1 and 1+ stuff nearby on a local river.Biker

While I've spent a lot of time in canoes and need to get another because I do like them but for what you're looking at doing you'll likely have a lot more fun with a couple 10-12 foot recreational kayaks. Fishing solo out of a canoe designed for two works fine until wind comes up and then it's just frustrating and having two independent boats to go for a paddle on the lake is much more fun than the canoe where someone is always stuck in front and the person in back can't hear you unless you're talking loud.

We have an Old Town Dirgo and a Wilderness Designs Pungo and we're very happy with them.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated