oof, MN III is heck-fer a lot of bote!

long!!

Souris makes a QT 18.5 too though which I suppose is their compeditor for the MN III

I really liked the Souris QT 17's we rented.

Being rentals with what looked to be many seasons on them they had to be about the poorest representation of a souris kevlar you could find. Yet I found no faults with the 3 we rented.

They were awesome, I want one bad lol!

The wenonah MN II & MN III are easier to find in the used market from $1000 and up, and I'm sure I'd be happy with one of them but I think I would favor the souris a bit for there layup with epoxy resin. Very durable and very reparable if damaged.

I've read reports and seen pictures of terrible things happening to these souris river canoes like trees falling on them or a canoe that got loose in a rapids and tried to turn itself into a river dam sideways between rocks resulting in a folded canoe...

The folks that had that particular accident (river fold) were able to pop the canoe back out to it's original shape and use the canoe to get back out from a trip deep in the BWCA. Even with busted gunwales the hull held it's form and they made it back out. The canoe was repaired by the rental outfitter it belonged to and it was put back into service.

I understand wenonah has a new layup but I don't know much about it yet.

Something clever here.