Hey, I like Lite Beer! Maybe because I like being close to the water???

Niether of us has canoe expirience, but that will change shortly.

For some reason I hear a 'Splash' in someone's future... whistle grin

When things get tipsy in a canoe, do NOT put your hands on the gunnel to catch your balance or it's all over(board)! shocked Instead, learn to drop down very quickly. Either to your knees or slip out of your seat and put your butt down on the floor of the canoe. The canoe will right itself, and you and your gear will not go for a swim. It goes against your natural instincts but it works.

My floating aluminum log handles best solo with me in the rear seat and some weight just forward of the center. I use a heavy deep cycle battery. It balances the weight so I just have to sit back and run the electric motor

I lengthened my motor mount so I could put it where the front passenger would usually have his knees, turned the 18' double-ender Grumman around and did most everything else the same except maybe some gear and/or about 3-5 gallons of ballast water in a bucket close to where the passenger's feet would be (now facing backwards to travel) of the 'new' front seat. Keeps the boats attitude perfect for good tracking on lakes.

I can lead-line bottom drag for Togue (Lakers) with big spinners in over 60 feet of water without a problem with either my 1.2HP Johnson Colt or my Motorguide 30# electric. cool If all I want to do is paddle around smaller streams, I put a seat, a tall bucket or a milk crate closer to the middle and leave most of the other gear at camp. The seat/crate can also be a third person's seat if there's that many of us in one craft.

Biker,
Have fun with whatever you choose. smile

[Linked Image]