Originally Posted by raybass
I would feel better if you did!

OK, you asked for it:

Today with the pre 64, sorry I only shot a couple of groups to test some ammo I "straightened". I was experimenting with my new toy (brown precision little wiggler) grin. It was too windy today to do any real comparisons but managed to get this one right off the bat grin:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Now here's how the new SC rifle did today with 2 different loads. I was curious as to how my pre 64 winchester model 100 load would work in my other 308's so I took the SC/FN fwt to try them out (It isn't very picky as you can see, these 2 loads I fired are 2 grains different in charge weight and it digested them both pretty well):

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
That's a 5 shot group too (looks like 3 though).
Both right around 1 moa. The wind was howling off and on when I was out there. This rifle usually does better (around .75" 5 shot groups).

Now FN used to make a hell of a rifle with the oldstyle trigger akin to the pre 64 and here's proof. My FN PBR XP 300 wsm. This is a 10 shot group from this rifle and it looks like straightening the ammo did help with this one wind or not grin.
[Linked Image]

Don't get me wrong, fn still makes one hell of a nice rifle, but I still prefer the oldstyle trigger for its feel and simplicity (call me old fashioned I guess blush)

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA