bsa: I have seen enough of your groups on here fired with pre 64 barrels to be able to say that they mirror the results I have seen for years from those barrels.

Most of my custom barrels in 270 have been Kriegers and nicely accurate....but I am forced to admit that in many cases, I can't tell the difference between those and many pre 64's,in calibers from 220 Swift clear up through 375 H&H....the reason I no longer tear up pre 64's for custom rifles....I use the factory barrels and just slap 'em in a synthetic stock,until the factory barrels go;then replace with a Krieger (or a new Brux like I just ordered).

I am very impressed with the SC M70's,and if looking for a rifle like raybass wants today, would not hesitate to do the same things with a new FN M70 in 270 FW.....I would get a SS one though just for variety...swap out the heavy BM for something lighter,put it in a Compact Edge or Brown Pound'r, add Talley LW's,and rock on... wink

raybass,even though a bit different in stock styles, my two 270's are one and the same to me....the Brown stocked rifle is slightly lighter ( I stll have not found anything lighter or better than a Brown Pound'r in an after market stock),but in terms of results what one will do the other will do.

Last edited by BobinNH; 07/21/11.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.