allen day>

Posted 29 January 2002 09:56
I own five of D'Arcy's "Legend" rifles. All of them will keep five shots under a half-inch at 100 yds; not only with select, premium-bullet handloads, but with factory loads as well.

Actually, I consider this to be the best custom rifle that money can buy, regardless of cost. It's built around classical riflebuilding concepts, yet it's also built around guilt-edge benchrest accuracy technology, so it sort of represents the best of all worlds. The "Legend" feeds better than any other custom bolt action available from any gunmaker, it shoots with superb accuracy, and it's stocked to handle quickly and to minimize recoil. It's the only true best-quality custom rifle available with a synthetic stock on today's market in my opinion. No one else builds a comparable product, and the more you examine one, the more you see. From Echols' superb, rock-solid scopemount to the exclusive Echols-designed/McMillan-produced stock, this rifle is as solid and dependable as it gets.

But then what else would expect from a man who gratuated from the Colorado School of Trades, apprenticed under Jack Belk and Jerry Fisher, and has been a full-time, best-quality custom rifle builder for his entire adult life?

Those famous-maker "beanfield" custom rifles are absolutely crude by comparison - and from every standpoint of consideration - plus they don't offer anywhere near the real value for the money, nor the performance. Most riflemakers with D'Arcy's sort of background abhor fiberglass stocks, but decided to buck that trend anyway, much to his credit. And yes, his still builds his high-grade custom rifle with a walnut stock as well.

Personally, I've found D'Arcy's to be all business; a highly intelligent wit; an experienced hunter; and a very honest, hard-working man who I respect highly and trust completely. You can do no better......

AD

[This message has been edited by allen day (edited 01-29-2002).]

All guns should be locked up when not in use!