Guys I appreciate the thanks but there is no reason for it. There are a lot of people that have paid a heavy price in the last decade and I'm not one of them. I've lived my childhood dream for the last 7+ years.

Originally Posted by whiteeyes
Ya gotta love the way the troll make stuff up when they have nothing to contribute to a thread !

As I said:

Nightforce & Schmidt and Bender.

I'd rather have the old Unertl and Swaro fixed 10Xs than any Leupold. Never seen a Leupy on a Barrett semi have you ?

Actually yes.

[Linked Image]

The Leupold MK4 4.5-14x50 M1 is the US Army standard issue scope for the M107 Barrett.

Originally Posted by JD338

Formidilosus,

Thank you for your service.

If I may ask, exactly what kind of failures did you see with the Leupolds?

JD338

It's almost always with tracking. Either inconsistent tracking, getting sporadic "jumps" or fliers when making an adjustment, or sometimes total failure of the erector system. This only really manifests itself when constantly dialing. Once zeroed and left they tend to hold zero very reliably. My experience with training hunters over the last few years, and my own hunting/shooting confirms this across the board. And it's not just with Leupolds, truthfully they are probably better then most of the major hunting scope brands in this regard.

If I was a zero and forget it kind of person, then I would have no problem using most Leupolds for hunting. Like I said they will hold a zero through rough handling, which is something I can not say for most. Since I'm not a set and forget guy and I like using my hunting rifle to it's full capability, I want to be able to dial. So I use Leupold fixed power scopes. Specifically 6x's. They are durable, reliable and track well.