Originally Posted by Jeffrey
F, of the issues you have seen with the Leupy's not maintaining accurate tracking adjustments, does it occur on a particular weapon system? Also, does the problem usually show up after a given number of shots or adjustments? In an earlier post, you said something like 30% of the Leupolds have malfunctions. Does this mean that the remaining 70% performed as advertised, indefinitely? Also, just out of curiosity, how many rounds do you guys fire during your training in CONUS, and on what weapon systems/calibers? Thanks for your time.

Jeff

It is common to see 2 to 3 Leupold variables out of 10 have issues in a week long class, figuring anywhere from 500-1,000 rounds depending on what rifle is used. So I can't say the other 70% work indefinitely. To be sure some do and some don't. Recoil doesn't seem to be the problem. On military guns they are used on 5.56mm, 308's, 300WinMags, and .50's. With a few 338 Lapua's thrown in for good measure.

Round count varies from unit to unit in the military. Most in the conventional Army do not get near enough. With the military, my training company and competition I see well over 100,000 rounds shot at long range a year.