Originally Posted by Formidilosus
E, why are you speculating on military sniper optics? You have no clue what you are talking about. "Serious tactical shooters or ex military???? Give me a break. That statement is all the more ludicrous because you are "arguing" with a sniper right now. I have been issued and used the M110, M24, MK12 MOD 0 and MOD 1, SR 25, M2010, MK 13 MOD 5, M82 and M107 Barrett, among others.

Leupold has only one (1) variable scope that was selected over other optics by the military. That being the MK8 1.1-8x CQBSS. The rest came as a package with the weapon system. Knight Armament chose the MK4 3.5-10x40 LR as the scope to put on the M110 SASS. Remington chose the 6.5-20x50 34mm MK4 for the M2010, and Barrett chose the MK4 4.5-14x50 for the M107.

The sniper scopes that have been tested and won contracts by the military in the last ten years are Schmidt and Bender and Nightforce.

Leupold is starting to get their head right and are producing some truly good scopes with the 34mm tube 6.5-20x50 MK4, the MK8 line, and the new MK 6's show promise.

I bolded the passage of particular interest for you E. Did you notice the very conspicuous absence of the Leupold brand in that passage? Hmmmmm?