Formidilosus, so now Leupold does make scopes that work, but most of other Leupold scopes fail at a 20-30% rate which is unacceptable for military use ?
Want to explain why the military uses such scopes ? Or do they ?
Again, 20-30% fail ? Again, which Leupolds ? Even you have posted that the much cheaper 6X42, FX3's work fine and are reliable.
Oh, BTW, how about the MRT series ? The military didn't request their development and they are not used by them ?
I'll grant my informnation about how many Nightforce scopes the military buys is incomplete. I believe I alluded to that. Wonderful.
You odviously know more about military sniping than I do. That's fine. But I know a few things about Leupolds. When you start telling us they fail at a 20-30% rate, I have to question what you are refering to. Because that's a very long way from what I've seen.
Apparently "failure" means the scope didn't track perfectly each and every time. But, again, even you admit that some of them do. But you keep insisting on saying that they aren't reliable w/o describing which ones. Hardly fair to compare a cheap hunting scope to a far more expensive tactical scope. And to call all of them unreliable because their cheaper models don't measure up to the rigors of tactical use. E

Last edited by Eremicus; 04/26/12.