There are Govt trappers in texas paid to trap ML on ranches by the state if they have problem lions. There is no dispute that Texas has lions, the question has been the observance of large black cats. I remember a hunter dropping off my brothers deer lease near Marble Falls due to having seen a couple come and drink at the pond just behind the feeder he observed while 'hunting' from an elevated and enclosed stand/blind. I guess he forgot he had a gun.

The same thing happened on a lease in Polk co. in east Texas. this time the cat was supposedly black Nd the guy almost had a heart attack.

I guess they never consider what a good lion hunt costs and how lucky they are. I also suppose the fact they didn't shoot is a testament to their shooting ability.

I know a guy in west Texas raised in SE NM who was watching a water hole for deer there one pm and he drilled a ML with his bow as it drank. 45 min later he drilled another.

Last edited by eyeball; 09/10/12.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.