Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
The landowner on my deer lease said he'd be thrilled if we shot a lion. I'm looking for a 400mm lens, myself smile

Yep. I'll be packing my big professional grade Nikon SLR & a Nikon 400mm lens
In my bow blind this year. I'd much rather get a photo than shoot one. I don't think I would ever shoot a mountain lion on our ranch unless it was a self defense type situation.

Fortunatly, they only like to eat joggers & tree huggers out in California. ;-)
The female that walked right by me in my bow blind last year paid no attention to me whatsoever. She had her nose to the ground & was Definately stalking deer.

BTW, my Dad had a HUGE Red Stag walk right by him while he was in a big ole John Deere tractor planting cotton last year. I couldn't ever get a shot at it, myself. Free ranging exotics are fair game in Texas.
Anyhow, this Red Stag committed Hary/Cary on our neighbors ranch by trying to attack its reflection in a huge plate glass window. Probably scored 325 easy...
I keep hoping some Bison on a Ranch up the Brazos River from our ranch will "escape"
I sure would like to stick an arrow in a big ole Buffalo with my Recurve..... Or dig my old Hawken .54 out of the safe....

Last edited by chlinstructor; 09/13/12.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~