+1 on what Bear said..."there's nothing like sheep hunting."

I'll add that sheep hunting is not for everybody. It is tough, grueling, and body-beating. When you think you are in good shape for other hunting, you are only in the initial stages of being in shape for sheep hunting. The weather plays a big part in most sheep hunts. Often times you are cold and wet and pretty much stay that way for the entire hunt. If it doesn't rain, you will get soaked from sweating on those high-exertion climbs. Not many places to dry out when staying in a two man, or smaller, tent. Is it worth it? You BET it is!!!! When you wrap your hands around your first set of sheep horns, YOUR first ram, you'll be hooked for life...and be thinking seriously about doing it again. If you enjoy pitting yourself against ol' Mom Nature and knowing that you won't let her win, you just might like sheep hunting. On days when the sunshines during a sheep hunt, you'll think that you are truly in heaven...the views of glaciers and mountains and mountain lakes and snow capped peaks. You can't find prettier country anywhere on earth. I won't mention the slick shale slides and boulder hopping and crossing those fast moving streams and rivers that some how always manage to be just over the top of your hip boots.

Some grizzly hunts can be very physically tough too. You don't mention if you have ever been hunting in Alaska. If you have the desire, time and $$$ to afford it, GO! Go now, before you can't. You don't mention how old you are. I am now 60 and think I have at least one more backpack sheep hunt in me. I work out a lot and try to stay in decent shape year round, but when it comes time for my next sheep hunt, I'll work out a LOT more, drop a few pounds and look forward to every step in those wonderful mountains of Alaska.

There are some griz hunts available in the summer where one hunts along salmon streams and those hunts are easier than most bear hunts, from what I have read and been told. Bears taken at time of the year, have 'bald' looking faces. At least they do to me. I much prefer the spring or fall bears that seem to have much thicker and fuller hides.

I have never 'wished' I didn't go on any hunt. Sometimes I have wished I was a bit younger or in better shape, but I have always thoroughly enjoy every day I have spent hunting, be it for birds or deer here in Nebraska or sheep and other critters in Alaska.

If it helps, I'll add that I have never regreted any of the money spent on any of my hunts, and have especially enjoyed all of my hunts in Alaska. Probably could have retired earlier if I had hunted less, but I enjoy memories more than money! I made my first trip to hunt in Alaska in 1987...as soon as I got off the plane in Anchorage and saw that wonderful country, I KNEW I'd be back. And I have been, many times.

If your dreams are of sheep hunting, definitely GO and start planning now for getting it done next year. There are lots of great people in Alaska that will do all they can to help you fulfill your dreams.

GOOD LUCK on getting on that sheep hunt you have always wanted. Many on this forum would be glad to help, just ask some questions and soon you can be getting on that plane to our Last and GREATEST Frontier.