Originally Posted by ghost
I guess my point was, I'm going there to hunt, which doesn't necessariy mean, shooting something. Do I want to? of course, that's the reason for going. But the effort in doing so more important than the actual killing of the animal. At least to me. But I came up when, IF you got a deer every 3rd year, it was considered fine. Today we see folks claiming a 100 deer killed, and it seems that the emphasis is on killing something. I really don't think these folks would even go out, if they didn't think they'd kill something every year. I'm not talking about not hunting, but if climbing a mtn to get to a sheep, and get ragged, stop and recuperate a bit. When I was young, lived where there were mtns and could climb them pretty good (might be called foot hills out west). But while I can still climb pretty good, might be huff'n and puff'n pretty hard.

When I was in Africa last year, actually got turned off by the "we have to get you this or that". WHY? I told the PH, look, in the US we go buy a license, say in Col. for Elk/Deer and go out hunting. While we, of course, want to get the Elk/Deer, don't see it as a total flop if we don't. In fact, Elk success probably about 25% most places. So "getting it all" not something to be concerned with. Would prefer quality to quantity anyway.

Have read a few sheep hunting stories on here in the past week or so, and evident, it's ardorous, but that's part of the whole thing. Can remember reading when young, that a lot of sheep hunts were 2 weeks long, and not because of the horse ride in. So give it some time. I'd probably want to go in with the intent of spending as much time as I needed. But that's me.

The africa thing was just to make more money... can't make more if you aren't shooting animals you have to pay for as you shoot...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....