I guess my point was, I'm going there to hunt, which doesn't necessariy mean, shooting something. Do I want to? of course, that's the reason for going. But the effort in doing so more important than the actual killing of the animal. At least to me. But I came up when, IF you got a deer every 3rd year, it was considered fine. Today we see folks claiming a 100 deer killed, and it seems that the emphasis is on killing something. I really don't think these folks would even go out, if they didn't think they'd kill something every year. I'm not talking about not hunting, but if climbing a mtn to get to a sheep, and get ragged, stop and recuperate a bit. When I was young, lived where there were mtns and could climb them pretty good (might be called foot hills out west). But while I can still climb pretty good, might be huff'n and puff'n pretty hard.

When I was in Africa last year, actually got turned off by the "we have to get you this or that". WHY? I told the PH, look, in the US we go buy a license, say in Col. for Elk/Deer and go out hunting. While we, of course, want to get the Elk/Deer, don't see it as a total flop if we don't. In fact, Elk success probably about 25% most places. So "getting it all" not something to be concerned with. Would prefer quality to quantity anyway.

Have read a few sheep hunting stories on here in the past week or so, and evident, it's ardorous, but that's part of the whole thing. Can remember reading when young, that a lot of sheep hunts were 2 weeks long, and not because of the horse ride in. So give it some time. I'd probably want to go in with the intent of spending as much time as I needed. But that's me.

Ghost