Very cool thread. I too have three girls, and they've been tagging along elk hunting since they were knee high. As they have reached the age, I told each that they would be taking hunters ed, and hunting one year so they knew what it was all about, and how to do it. You never know what will happen with this world one day, and I want them to at least have an idea as to how to fend for themselves. I told them after that, the decision was theirs to make. So far the 16 and the 13 year old have taken too it, and are glad to be going. Just got home from filling the eldests cow tag. The 6 year old is also showing promise, and appears to show more interest than the other two did at her age. I know things can change, but she may be a hunting machine when her time comes.

Regardless, boys or girls, take them out, I don't think you'll ever have a more positive experience. There is nothing like sitting on a ridge top as the sun comes up, with a youngster beside you, just taking in the view before starting the work of gutting an elk. A memory that I will never forget.