great thread indeed

docdb, I've always enjoyed your pix of your outdoor exploits, but the one you posted of you lil girl with her rifle, hit that soft spot in my heart that every man that has a daughter possesses.

great photos of your family's guys

never been much of a picture guy, but oh what memories, my little girl learned to hold her own bottle at 4 mos. old as momma and I were busy rigging up a cooking tarp in Valdez, took her 42 miles back in from the road system at 4 on snowmachines, the youngest got his first camping trip at 2 weeks old. We've had a remote cabin for a decade now, amazing the diff it makes when you spend time with your kids isn't it? Our cabin is much like our house, not fancy, kinda funky in ways, but both have been warmed by physical activity, wood and copious amounts of love and good times.

really enjoyed this thread, thank you all for sharing what you love with your loved ones and letting us take a peek at it.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.