John;
Thanks for the kind prompting John, I'd meant to share a few more and neglected to.

Before doing so though I'd like to say a sincere well done to the fathers here who have been getting their daughters out afield. A tip of the hat to you all and very well done!

I can say with a large degree of confidence that girls that hunt and experience the outdoors have a different view of many facets of life - where food comes from for instance - than those that don't. While I'd never say those experiences will make them "better" than those who don't, I've yet to perceive any negatives from them being hunters.

Anyway from a bunch of hunting photos from our family and with apologies as these have been shown here before, here are a few of my favorites.

This is the day of the girls' first deer. Although our eldest had hunted a year previous to this she'd not killed a buck. Sisters being what and how they are, I was praying fervently for us to bump into at least two young dumb bucks then so both of them might score.

Whether it was an answer to prayer or not is indeed personal perspective - but in 30 years of hunting in BC this was the first and only day that 5 bucks fed up an open hillside to within 30 yards of 3 people sitting with nothing more than grass for concealment.

After a space of 10-20 seconds - these two were down within 15yds of each other.

[Linked Image]

Before going on I'll add that this day topped my first black bear, my first and only California ram, my first and only moose and any - well all of the blacktail, mulie or whitetail bucks that I pulled the trigger on.

So with that understanding of how I "really feel" about hunting with our girls... wink

A pretty good mulie that our youngest shot one season. It was a longish shot and one 100gr. Hornady from her .250AI was all that was needed.
[Linked Image]

This little fellow was our eldest's longest shot on deer to date. We don't have a range finder so I can only say that it was a long hike over to where it lay and the truck looked small when we got to it. She'd been shooting her Swede enough that summer and felt confident enough to place a single 130gr TSX.
[Linked Image]

Our youngest's best whitetail, which we spotted way down in an opening in the timber. He stuck his head up over a downed log and she carefully hit him in the neck - which was the only shot really - with the same combination as before, 100gr. Hornady and .250AI.
[Linked Image]

Our eldest does her own eviscerating and had me snap this photo as proof for her school friends as she was winding up the job on her first whitetail. The little buck fell to the 130gr TSX and 6.5x55 combination again.
[Linked Image]

This mulie buck should have kept moving up the mountain in retrospect. He stopped with his body screened by pines, but just had to stick his head out for that one last look that some mulie bucks seem to like to take. This time it was fatal. whistle
[Linked Image]

Our eldest wanted to get something bigger than a 2 point or spike that year, so we hunted hard, pounded the mountain behind the house flat and burned enough diesel to get a thank you card from the local Husky station - well OK Husky didn't send a card exactly, but man did we pile up the BCAA points buying diesel that season. blush

So with only 5 days left in the season we headed up after school for a quick hunt Friday night after school. Since it's after the time change and it's dark by 4:30PM or so, we just hit this spot at dusk as this rotund young fellow crossed the skidder road. The photo doesn't really do his body justice as he's kind of bunched up due to the "level terrain" we hunt.. wink Although the rack isn't that bad we were pretty excited about the potential round steaks this buck would produce and we subsequently found he tasted just great!

[img:center]http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x83/BC30cal/Amd.jpg[/img]

Anyway folks, there's a few of our family hunts that bring grand memories for me. Thanks for looking and again thanks for sharing yours.

All the best to you John and thanks again.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"