John;
Thanks so much for the kind invitation and words, I do truly appreciate them.

If you ever find yourself touring the south Okanagan I certainly hope I could do the same for you John.

Hopefully I can be forgiven if I throw this last one in as it's special to me as it both gives me cause to celebrate and yet to be a little sad at the same time.

When our beloved long gun registry was axed this spring, I told our eldest that I'd buy her a .22 to commemorate the event. wink

She's in Grade 12 this year and will be eligible to take her Canadian Firearm's licence in 2013 - so when she moves out the Swede that I built for her late Granddad and was passed onto her and this 10/22 will be able to go with her. To say I'm emotionally torn about this impending exit from our house would be understatement indeed.

Anyway John she wanted a 10/22 and after a bit of looking we found a very clean 3rd year production model for her. We cruised the Penticton gun show this April and found a bunch of parts for hot rodding it - the rest came from my overstuffed parts bins.

At her insistence she stripped her rifle down and put in all the new parts including the trigger shim kit - which wasn't as simple as the chap on youtube made it appear may I add! laugh

When it was done she ended up shooting it a lot this summer when we were cutting firewood and became quite proficient with it.

Her boyfriend doesn't hunt but really likes game meat and requested a rabbit, so here is the first rabbit taken with her much modified 10/22.

[Linked Image]

Anyway sorry for the long winded explanation John, but hopefully that explains a bit of what that photo represents to me.

Thanks again and all the best to you this week John.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"