Marketing is such a peculiar animal. When what we are doing leaves us wanting something more we wander into areas we are not familar with. We don't mind spending money for our business but we want to make sure we get our money's worth. In this case you have someone that their job is to sell you on their ability to bring you customers. Their motivation is to get a hunt and keep their viewers interested so they can keep their advertisers contributing. In this case you are the advertiser supporting their show. What I would do I ask for references of other outfitters they have hunted so you can ask them if it was worth it for them. Ask would they do it again? Ask how their business was represented? You also want ask these outfitters if they offer a unique hunt that might be why they might have had a positive or negative experience.
You supply references to sell hunts and if they won't do this I would walk away and not look back.
The unknown is not always bad just use the known tequniques you are familar with to work through to find a comfort spot.