correction, re: JJHACK: I would suggest you do a LOT of research on how the productions are funded, and by whom. It will have absolute bearing on if the show or shows are productive, or even completed, for that matter.

I would suggest that until the shows are aired, if they get to that point, that you maintain professional distance from them until you see IF they are well done. (well done, meaning something you are comfortable working with them on more series)

If they are well done, well funded and professionally aired, and you ultimately are comfortable joining forces with them on a further basis, great. If not, cut your losses and run and let the world know as politely and professionally as you can, that you were merely testing the situation and studying it as a possibility of doing more shows. No matter what happens, I would not get in a "throwing sour grapes" debate and I would encourage you to rise above it and simply continue your professional life as it was before the productions.

I would also be interested in "what's in this for me" right up front, what promises are they making and get it in writing with witnesses signatures and dates... There is nothing wrong with being upfront and honest with them that there will need to be compensation for your time, because those shows are not quickly produced and you will spend a considerable amount of your time doing them. I would encourage you to set those compensations with benchmarks as you go along and watch to see that they are met and done without pain and effort and definitely without you having to ask for them.

If the first few financial benchmarks go smoothly, wonderful, that will be a good sign...but I would keep that aspect of your relationship in the corner of your eye and if it becomes troubled, it will be a very real sign that the productions may not get to air. I don't have to tell you what that will do for your integrity and/or reputation...because the lodges and sponsors will associate you very closely with the series, and if there is egg on the face from the beginning, it could affect you all the way through.

A series is a great tool to make wonderful and strong relationships with the sponsors, who may well come to you later and offer you external work promoting their products, and THAT will be your ticket to the financial cream...and there is nothing wrong with making good money so that you can promote yourself further, if the series doesn't go forward or if it closes after the first few airings.

Relationships with sponsors (ie, in theory: Weatherby, Filson, Columbia, etc) are a wonderful way for you to feather your financial nest and will take very little time and will offer wonderful cash rewards. They also will in turn, promote your image in a professional and positive manner, showing potential clients that you are a man of your word. If an advertising client wants to tie its name to your wagon, its a good sign, because they do THEIR due diligence long before approaching you.

I wish you nothing but success if you choose to work with them...and I hope that it is a glowing and positive experience for you, sir!

Last edited by 219Zipper; 12/30/12.