John,
These questions are for you and Pat if he cares to chime in. I noticed a variation in one post of .3 to .5 tenths of a grain when dropping using a powder measure is what was posted I believe in one of Pat's posts. What have you seen is the typical variation when measuring if and when you check drops randomly? Do you notice more variation depending on the type of powder. Seems like ball type is more consistent to me.
Also, have you guys checked the differences in velocity spread when weighing each charge v: dropping and is there much if any difference in the accuracy of the load/loads.
I bought a very sensitive load cell scale which is tough to even trickle to weigh powder charges on. It will weigh pencil powder to the kernel and I have tested over my Oehler just to see if being as precise as possible made any difference.
Probably a exercise in accuracy futility but I did find that measuring as accurate as possible with the particular load I was working with was closer in velocity and spread by quite a bit. 60fps spread avarage with a Pact electronic scale and 25fps using a scale I spent way too much money on.
Since I have pretty much quit worrying about sub half minute accuracy and have been shooting 12" square plates powder measure variation isn't as important but I was just wondering about some of the questions I asked. Thanks.

Dave