As a more general comment, this thread could have been a lot shorter if people who haven't read the article had done so before posting.

One of the reasons I started posting on the Campfire over a decade ago, after lurking for a while, was the day when somebody posted about an article of mine they'd liked. The poster tried to summarize a 3000-word article in two sentences, and of couse created a sh'tstorm of comments from people who'd never read the article, almost all of which made vast assumptions about the article's contents. This was partly due to the 2-sentence summation not being entirely correct, but it was also due to the tendency of Internet posters to start typing without knowing exactly what in hell everybody's talking about.

There are moments on "Ask the Gunwriter's" where I feel like posting the article in question, whether mine or some other gunwriter's. But that's not why magazines pay us to wrote for THEM.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck